Many patients need assistance and advice with intravenous (IV) medications, chemotherapy and blood transfusions. Jordan Valley Medical Center offers a comprehensive IV therapy program. Our team provides patient and family education, and we work closely with you and your physician to manage your care. Our services are provided in a comfortable outpatient setting. We provide these services:
- Initiate and maintain venous access catheters
- Place peripherally inserted central catheters
- Insert midline catheters
- Insert peripheral IV catheters
- Maintain vascular access devices (VADS)
- Change dressings on VADS
- Administer IV medications
We also provide therapies as prescribed by your physician, including:
- Antibiotic therapy
- Blood transfusions/platelets/plasma
- Diagnostic blood draws
- Intramuscular (IM) and subcutaneous (SQ) injections
- IVIG/Gamma globulin
- Therapeutic phlebotomy
- Vascular access devices (VADS)
Services are provided with an appointment Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Our IV Therapy department is located on the ground floor of the hospital. Please check in through Outpatient Registration, which is located in the main lobby.
For more information, or to schedule an appoints, please call 801-562-4207.
Physician offices may fax orders to 801-562-3123.